728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads
728 x 90 Leaderboard Ads

Ole Miss' star wide receiver A.J. Brown wins fan voting segment of 2017 C Spire Conerly Trophy honoring Mississippi's top college football player

THIS POST WAS ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE Click Here To Read Entire Article

JACKSON, Miss., Nov. 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Ole Miss’ recording-setting wide receiver A.J. Brown was the top vote getter and winner of the fan voting segment of the 2017 C Spire Conerly Trophy, which annually honors the top college football player in Mississippi, it was announced Sunday.

Ole Miss’ record-setting sophomore wide receive A.J. Brown won the fan voting portion of the 2017 C Spire Conerly Trophy, given annually to the top college football player in Mississippi. The fan vote counts for 10 percent of the award. A panel of statewide sports media representatives decide the remaining 90 percent of the award. The winner will be announced Tuesday night at a Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame awards program in Jackson, Miss. – photo courtesy of Ole Miss Athletics…

Brown, a sophomore from Starkville, received 3,479 votes from fans, which counts for 10 percent of the award.  Mississippi State junior quarterback Nick Fitzgerald finished second with 3,207 votes and Alcorn State running back De’Lance Turner was third with 1,822 votes.  A panel of statewide sports media representatives decide the remaining 90 percent of the award.

Over 10,300 votes were cast for the 10 finalists from Magnolia state public colleges and universities via social media and text messaging during the week-long fan voting period sponsored by C Spire and the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum.  This year’s overall winner will be announced at a special banquet Tuesday night at the Hilton Jackson.

Brown, a semifinalist for the 2017 Biletnikoff Award, is the single-season Ole Miss record holder in receiving yards with 1,252.  He tied the single-season record for most receiving touchdowns with 11 and became only the second Rebel in school history to record six 100-yard receiving games this season.

The other seven finalists who received fan votes were Southern Miss running back Ito Smith, Mississippi Valley State defensive back Mark Pegues, Mississippi College defensive back Chris Manning, Millsaps College linebacker Jacob Kendall, Belhaven University quarterback Hunter McEachern, Jackson State linebacker Shawn Bishop and Delta State running back Chris Robinson.

The C Spire Conerly Trophy presentation is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 28 at the Hilton Jackson, 1001 County Line Road, in Jackson. A 5:30 p.m. reception will be followed by the 6:30 p.m. dinner program and trophy presentation.  Coaches and finalists from

About The Author

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *