LONDON, Nov. 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/5214675
The global polycystic ovarian syndrome treatment market is expected to reach USD 5.1 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc.
According to the Centers of Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is the most common cause of female infertility. Approximately 6% to 12% women of reproductive age suffer from PCOS in the U. S. Moreover, progression of this condition can lead to metabolic abnormalities, which may result in development of type 2 diabetes, if the syndrome is not treated on time. The severity of the disorder increases the risk of developing uterine and endometrial cancers in patients. Thus, early diagnosis and effective treatment are significant for successful recovery.
Presently, no specific drug is commercially available for this condition. Thus, treating symptoms is the prime aim of the treatment regimen. Owing to the various symptoms associated with this syndrome, a range of drug class/combinations is used in the treatment. Therefore, market leaders are focusing on developing a specific drug/treatment to cure the root cause of this disease. AstraZeneca is one of the leaders involved in developing such a drug.
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
• Constantly rising prevalence of PCOS is primarily driving the growth of this market across the globe
• Initiatives undertaken by government bodies and market players to create awareness about benefits of early diagnosis and commercially available treatment for PCOS among women is boosting the market
• Treatment of PCOS mainly includes lifestyle modification through balanced diet, exercise, and drugs such as oral contraceptives, antiandrogens, insulin-sensitizing agents, anti-obesity agents, and antidepressants
• Surgical procedures such as ovarian wedge resection and laparoscopic ovarian drilling are preferred when patients do not respond to drug therapy
• Insulin-sensitizing agents segment is dominating the market since these drugs are widely used for treatment of insulin resistance to prevent diabetes, which is a risk associated with PCOS
• Oral Contraceptive Pills (OCPs) segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate followed by antiandrogen agents that are used for treating symptomatic conditions such as hirsutism and acne
• North America is dominating the market followed by Europe. High awareness and availability of advanced healthcare facilities are factors responsible for the dominant share held by this region
• Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region over the forecast period.Increasing government initiatives for raising awareness about symptoms & diagnosis of